Re: [amlib] Re: Axure training...

Fred Beecher

Oct 6, 2008, 1:23:31 PM10/6/08
to am...@googlegroups.com, ax...@googlegroups.com

On 10/4/08, Ian Fenn <i...@chopstixmedia.com> wrote:

Fred Beecher in the USA (who you've been sparring with on this list) is the
only person I know. I was trying to convince him to let me attend his
upcoming courses remotely... It _might_ work!

We've been sparring? Well then I'm losing because I'm obviously not paying attention. : )

But yes, to my knowledge I'm the only person out there who does formal Axure trainings. Typically, I do them on-site for companies. I'm running some public training in Minneapolis, MN, USA right now (10/14-15)

Ian W: It sounds like you're in the UK, correct? Either you could all get together to fly me over there (tee hee!), or you could come to my classes in Minneapolis. On the other hand, it looks like there are tons of hardcore Axure users over there, so maybe the "back room of the pub" idea is a good one.

Take care,
F.

Fred Beecher
Sr. User Experience Consultant
Evantage Consulting
O: 612.230.3838 // M: 612.810.6745
IM: fbee...@gmail.com (google/msn) // fredevc (aim/yahoo)
T: http://twitter.com/fred_beecher

janemhayes

Nov 7, 2008, 1:15:29 PM11/7/08
to Axure RP Design Library
Fred - outside of the IA Summit (proposed I believe) are you planning
any classes before the end of 2008. Anything close to the Canadian
border :)

How about a book - got one of those in your back pocket to release any
time soon?

Regards
Jane

On Oct 6, 12:23 pm, "Fred Beecher" <fbeec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/4/08, Ian Fenn <i...@chopstixmedia.com> wrote:
>

> > Fred Beecher in the USA (who you've been sparring with on this list) is the
> > only person I know. I was trying to convince him to let me attend his
> > upcoming courses remotely... It _might_ work!
>
> We've been sparring? Well then I'm losing because I'm obviously not paying
> attention. : )
>
> But yes, to my knowledge I'm the only person out there who does formal Axure
> trainings. Typically, I do them on-site for companies. I'm running some
> public training in Minneapolis, MN, USA right now (10/14-15)
>
> Ian W: It sounds like you're in the UK, correct? Either you could all get
> together to fly me over there (tee hee!), or you could come to my classes in
> Minneapolis. On the other hand, it looks like there are tons of hardcore
> Axure users over there, so maybe the "back room of the pub" idea is a good
> one.
>
> Take care,
> F.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------
> Fred Beecher
> Sr. User Experience Consultant
> Evantage Consulting
> O: 612.230.3838 // M: 612.810.6745
> IM: fbeec...@gmail.com (google/msn) // fredevc (aim/yahoo)
> T:http://twitter.com/fred_beecher

Fred Beecher

Nov 7, 2008, 5:09:37 PM11/7/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
On 11/7/08, janemhayes <jmotz...@webfeat.com> wrote:

Fred - outside of the IA Summit (proposed I believe) are you planning
any classes before the end of 2008. Anything close to the Canadian
border :)

Well I literally *just* submitted those proposals, so don't hold your breath for them yet. : )

I am not currently planning public Axure trainings for the remainder of 2008, but I do give onsite trainings when companies have multiple people they want to train. If that describes your situation, please email me offlist and we can talk about it.

I do expect I will do more public classes in 2009, and they will be in my hometown of Minneapolis. Is that close enough to the border for you? There's not much call for rapid prototyping instruction up in International Falls. : )

How about a book - got one of those in your back pocket to release any
time soon?

You're the second person to ask... so no, not yet. But maybe the time is right for that sort of thing. No promises. : )

F.

Fred Beecher
Sr. User Experience Consultant
Evantage Consulting
O: 612.230.3838 // M: 612.810.6745
IM: fbee...@gmail.com (google/msn) // fredevc (aim/yahoo)
T: http://twitter.com/fred_beecher

JC

Nov 13, 2008, 8:02:05 PM11/13/08
to Axure RP Design Library
On Nov 7, 5:09 pm, "Fred Beecher" <fbeec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/7/08, janemhayes <jmotzha...@webfeat.com> wrote:

> I do expect I will do more public classes in 2009, and they will be in my
> hometown of Minneapolis.

Might you consider a webinar or perhaps a one-on-one GoToMeeting
training session?

Regards,

JC

Fred Beecher

Nov 13, 2008, 11:21:04 PM11/13/08
to ax...@googlegroups.com
On 11/13/08, JC <jcra...@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

Might you consider a webinar or perhaps a one-on-one GoToMeeting
training session?

The main benefit of the classes I give is the personal attention I'm able to give to the people who show up, which means I need to see their screens in order to be useful. So I don't do online classes.

One-on-one trainings though are not something I'd previously considered because it would probably be expensive. Let me play with the idea and I'll post back to the list.

F.