Axiis Roadmap for Flash enabled mobile devices and tablets

jonathan

Apr 10, 2011, 1:55:20 PM4/10/11
to Axiis
Is there a current roadmap for Axiis and Flex "Hero" support? With the
current Hero release, Adobe does not support/recommend MX components
for mobile and tablet development, so Flash Android projects won't
compile with Axiis. I imagine this would be a large effort to migrate
from Degrafa to FXG and from MX to Spark, but having this information
would help me properly set expectations within my organization.

Thanks,

Jonathan

twgonzalez

Apr 12, 2011, 1:04:40 PM4/12/11
to Axiis
Hi Jonathan,

I actually just started working with Adobe a few weeks ago, evaluating
the very thing you mention.

I do have a slightly tweaked version of Axiis running on an iPad via
Flex 4.5 right now. Degrafa runs fine with the mobile air framework,
but I am considering adding FXG support and re-vamping some of the
internals in Axiis so there are no MX depdendencies.

Right now though, I am thrilled with the performance I am seeing on
the iPad with Axiis - animations, rendering, etc.

I hope to have something to demo in the next couple months that I will
post.

- Tom

Andrew Westberg

Apr 13, 2011, 7:28:38 PM4/13/11
to axiis
+1 for FXG support.  I'd like to map my Axiis-enabled app to Flex 4.x and this would give me some additional confidence.

-Andrew Westberg