How to send email when user password is changed

Pabbisetty h

May 19, 2023, 3:15:49 PM5/19/23
to AWX Project
Hello,

I have a requirement to send email notification to user after password is changed.

Awx version is 21.5.0 and plans to upgrade to 22.3.0.

if we configure smtp, email will be sent automatically after password is changed?

Any suggestions on how to achieve this? Thank you in advance.

//Venkata

AWX Project

May 24, 2023, 2:36:57 PM5/24/23
to AWX Project
to clarify, you want to send a notification email to the user if their AWX password changes?

AWX Team

Pabbisetty h

Oct 3, 2023, 12:29:54 PM10/3/23
to AWX Project
Yes, as per our security team , we need to send email to a user when the password is changed in UI.

Sandeep Ajjampur

Oct 3, 2023, 1:58:23 PM10/3/23
to AWX Project
Hi Venkat,

one possible solution i think is to use ansible playbook to change the password using awx api and you can send notification through callback plugin or by other email notification.

- Sandeep Ajjamnpur