Creating Hop nodes on runtime

Erez Tamam

Mar 18, 2023, 11:16:25 AM3/18/23
to AWX Project
Hi,
So I saw there is now an option to add execution nodes on k8s installation on runtime, which is a great feature, but I haven't seen any documentation/implementation on how to add hop nodes, and the add an execution node on top of that hop node

is that something possible today?

Help will be highly appreciated
Kind Regards
Erez

kurokobo

Mar 22, 2023, 10:43:22 AM3/22/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As far as I know, the support for hop nodes for k8s deployment is planned, but not implemented yet.
It has been mentioned a bit at past community meetings.

For docker based deployment, this docker compose for development includes hop nodes:
For k8s deployment, note that although it is not recommended at all, technically, it is possible to forcefully deploy and configure hop nodes if you have expertise in Receptor and K8s :D

Regards,
--
@kurokobo