AWX Generating Access Token with aws_session_id cookie

Ronald Suplina

Mar 24, 2023, 9:23:37 AM3/24/23
to AWX Project
Hello,
We have an OKTA with configured SAML for AWX, while our sign-in within a browser is working normally, we can log normally.
I wonder if there is a way to generate ACCESS Token for a SAML social user on AWX.
I have a script which does similar as whole SAML PROCESS and on last step the "SSO/COMPLETE/SAML" i get "awx_session_id" and "csrf_token" cookies is there a way after it to generate Access Token via rest API.

AWX Project

Mar 31, 2023, 1:25:24 PM3/31/23
to AWX Project
Generally, the access tokens are not meant to be used in conjunction with SAML, as these tokens are long lived and users would essentially be bypassing SAML during that window of time.

AWX Team