Automation Mesh

Manikandan Balasubramanian

Nov 18, 2022, 5:06:56 AM11/18/22
to AWX Project
Hi Team,

We are planning to spin few more AWX and I was going over the automation mesh blog(https://www.ansible.com/blog/peeling-back-the-layers-and-understanding-automation-mesh). Can you please let me know whether this is available in the latest version of AWX and whether this is a paid service?

Thanks and Regards,
Mani

AWX Project

Nov 18, 2022, 1:09:27 PM11/18/22
to AWX Project
Hello,
At this time the mesh is a paid feature, but AWX does offer receptor. In our most recent release, we do allow any operator deployment installs to reach out to execution nodes.

You may find this documentation helpful in utilizing this new feature:

-AWX Team

Manikandan Balasubramanian

Nov 19, 2022, 10:58:42 AM11/19/22
to AWX Project
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I went through the execution_nodes document. From my understanding of the execution nodes, it is a standalone VM which can be added to AWX, and AWX control pod would schedule the jobs in these execution nodes.

We are doing something similar in our clusters. We have VMSS enabled and currently the job pods are only scheduled on non-control pods.

Thanks and Regards,
Mani