IMPORTANT: AWX Google Group moving to Ansible Community Forum

AWX Project

Oct 5, 2023, 10:54:25 AM10/5/23
to AWX Project
Hi folks,

As you may have heard, Ansible has a new forum[1] and we think that's a better way to conduct our discussions. It gives better tooling to manage help requests and discussions, connects with the wider Ansible community, gives more recognition to those supporting others. In terms of asynchronous discussions, and when viewed through the changing demographics of how people interact with projects (already the forum has had significantly more traffic than our lists), it's just a better way for us to go.

So, we need need to transition away from this Google Group mailing list, because splitting the community isn't helpful either. We're not going to do that overnight, though, so here's the plan:
  1. today, we're doing the initial announcement
  2. in ~2 weeks time, we'll enforce using the forum for *new* posts, and only deal with existing ones here
  3. in ~4 weeks time we'll make this Google group read-only, and handle all support on the forum

This group won't be deleted, so your bookmarks will still work, and at some point we'll be able to import the list content to the forum so it's all in one place.

You can still use email to interact with the forum too - we have a guide available here[2] for doing that. Note that you'll need to use the web UI or API to *start* a new topic, but all replies can be handled entirely by mail.

You can register you account here[3] if you haven't already and there is a dedicated link[4] for creating a new AWX issue. If you have any questions, please reply here, ask in Matrix[5], or ask in the forum help category[6].

In Summary
1. Signup for the Forum via
2. If you prefer email, enable that
3. Follow the AWX tag

If you aren't aware, we also have an AWX YouTube channel

Kind regards,
John "gundalow" Barker
Ansible Automation Controller Engineering Manager