awx 23.2 backup in rancher k8s cluster

Keith Nowosielski

Oct 23, 2023, 6:07:20 PM10/23/23
to AWX Project
Hi All,
I'm still new to k8s so forgive me if this is a silly question.

I've deployed awx23 in a rancher automated cluster running ubuntu 22.04 using k8s RKE1 v1.25.12.

Using the awx-operator backup example I created backup-awx.yml and updated it with my values.
---
apiVersion: awx.ansible.com/v1beta1
kind: AWXBackup
metadata:
  name: awxbackup-2021-04-22
  namespace: my-namespace
spec:
  deployment_name: mytower

I applied the file using kubectl -f awx-backup.yml apply.
The backup object and pv were created as expected.

Now under workloads/pods in rancher I keep seeing the backup container being created and terminated over and over again. This doesn't seem like what should be happening.
I've attempted to monitor the logs to see if the backup is successful, however I get a steady stream of output that I'm not able to see enough of what's going on. I could output that to a file I suppose but I'm just trying to figure out if this is expected behavior or not for this.

If this isn't expected behavior, what could be going wrong, how can I go about investigating it further?

Thanks