Ansible Collections: 403 Forbidden

Jerome Arellano

Oct 2, 2023, 3:16:32 AM10/2/23
to AWX Project
Hello,

Has someone experienced an error when syncing projects?

error encountered:  ERROR! Failed to download collection tar from 'explicit_requirement_community.general' due to the following unforeseen error: <urlopen error Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden>. <urlopen error Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden>

The file requirements.yml created under collections folder in my project directory.
---
collections:
  - name: community.general
    version: 7.4.0

From the AWX GUI Output, the download is starting however is 403 Forbidden, it somewhat needs some kind of authentication.

Starting galaxy collection install process
Process install dependency map
Starting collection install process
Downloading https://galaxy.ansible.com/api/v3/plugin/ansible/content/published/collections/artifacts/community-general-7.2.0.tar.gz to /var/lib/awx/projects/.__awx_cache/******/stage/tmp/ansible-local-55416g0r_kfh4/tmp1nury9pd/community-general-7.2.0-23jv496b

Do you know any workaround?

Good Fella

Oct 2, 2023, 2:41:02 PM10/2/23
to AWX Project

i have same issue, it starts after awx-ee latest image update's
понедельник, 2 октября 2023 г. в 10:16:32 UTC+3, Jerome Arellano:

Jerome Arellano

Oct 4, 2023, 8:16:54 AM10/4/23
to AWX Project
I found a workaround, since I'm not familiar with the ins and outs or modification of ansible configurations inside the k3s pods that I'm using to manage ansible AWX.

we added a source in the requirements.yml of our collections pointing to the old galaxy_ng and it worked.

---
collections:
  - name: community.general
    version: 7.4.0

other workaround mentioned in Skipping Galaxy server https://galaxy.ansible.com/api/ - Get Help - Ansible is adding the galaxy server in your ansible.cfg.

[galaxy] server = https://old-galaxy.ansible.com/

cheers!

Jagruti Belani

Oct 4, 2023, 12:43:55 PM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
This solution works for me. https://old-galaxy.ansible.com

Replace this link in your default “Ansible-galaxy” credentials that is being used under your organization.

Thanks
Jagruti Belani