Upload files to the server through AWX UI

Nachammai Chidambaram

Sep 26, 2023, 8:13:32 AM9/26/23
to AWX Project
I have awx-operator which is running on my machine

I wanted to upload files tar files from awx ui to my machine under certain path without logging into the server

Is their any feasibility for this?

Nachammai Chidambaram

Sep 27, 2023, 3:18:46 PM9/27/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Any reply on this

AWX Project

Sep 29, 2023, 1:33:22 PM9/29/23
to AWX Project
There is no way to upload files via the UI. If you can provide more details on what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to help with a workaround

also what do you mean by "my machine", is that a host in an inventory?

AWX Team

Nachammai Chidambaram

Sep 29, 2023, 2:28:05 PM9/29/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
I have a scenario in production the operations engineer will have restricted access they won’t be able push the packages or files every time using ssh.

So it would be great if we have an option to upload files from operations engineers machine to awx project host from where the job executions and deployment can happen directly through ui it would be great

Nachammai Chidambaram

Sep 30, 2023, 12:14:55 PM9/30/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Any workaround for this ?

Nachammai Chidambaram

Oct 3, 2023, 10:28:17 PM10/3/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Any update on this please

Howard Jones

Oct 4, 2023, 3:09:59 AM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Why can't they put the files in git? Ansible roles usually have a files/ section for "payload" type stuff.

Abhijeet Janwalkar

Oct 4, 2023, 3:35:52 AM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have created small PHP based upload portal and use survey to download input file required for that particular Job template.

Warm Regards,
Abhi

Nachammai Chidambaram

Oct 4, 2023, 9:18:55 AM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
It is production server not a dev server ,there only already tested artifacts are deployed and also it is an airgapped environment no network connectivity

Nachammai Chidambaram

Oct 4, 2023, 9:19:55 AM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Could you share you solution with me any docs or readme file which could describe the state

Howard Jones

Oct 4, 2023, 9:21:21 AM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
On 04/10/2023 14:18, Nachammai Chidambaram wrote:
> It is production server not a dev server ,there only already tested
> artifacts are deployed and also it is an airgapped environment no
> network connectivity

But you want to allow them to upload arbitrary files to these systems?

Nachammai Chidambaram

Oct 4, 2023, 9:23:28 AM10/4/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
The ops person will be uploading the artifact from his restricted desktop to server through ui and he should be able to deploy directly using ui so trying to figure out awx will be fine for this

Nachammai Chidambaram

Oct 12, 2023, 8:29:26 AM10/12/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
any suggestions or updates on this please