AWX - Exclude day's in the schedule

Johan

Mar 29, 2023, 5:07:51 AM3/29/23
to AWX Project
Hi all,

I am wondering in version AWX 21.0.0 is it possible there to do the following

I want to have my batch run from Monday till friday, but not on second day of Easther, 1ste of May and both Christmas day's

Is this way of complex scheduling already possible in this version of AWX ?

Kind regards,
Johan.

Johan

Mar 30, 2023, 1:02:38 PM3/30/23
to AWX Project
Does anyone knows if this has been officially released and how to install it ?

AWX Project

Mar 31, 2023, 1:49:08 PM3/31/23
to AWX Project
Johan, that pull request has been merged, so it is certainly AWX version (21.14.0)

Try upgrading to latest AWX to check out that feature https://github.com/ansible/awx-operator#upgrading

AWX Team

Elijah DeLee

Mar 31, 2023, 1:52:38 PM3/31/23
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Johan,

I'm not sure if our UI helps you create such a complex rule, but as far as I know any valid "RRULE" can be used if you create/edit the schedule via the API.

https://dateutil.readthedocs.io/en/stable/rrule.html is a python library for creating/parsing RRULE format.

For example, an RRULE can look like:

"DTSTART:20200609T093807Z RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=WE"

Elijah DeLee, RHCSA

He/Him/His

associate manager

Performance and Scale, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform

Red Hat

kde...@redhat.com