AWX Operator add new playbooks

Stefano Percoco

Oct 11, 2023, 6:34:04 AM10/11/23
to AWX Project
Hi, I've installed AWX Operator 23.2 based on K8s, I can access correctly to web UI, but now I want to add new playbooks.
I've experience with RH Ansible Tower, where I copied the yml file in project folder and sync new file with git commands (git add, git commit and git push)
But with AWX, after connecting to awx-web pod and copying the playbook in:
/var/lib/awx/projects/myproject, I tried to launch git commands and received this errors:

git add myplaybook.yml --> no output

git commit -m "insert new playbook" --> Author identity unknown
(*** Please tell me who you are. Run:
  git config --global user.email "y...@example.com"
  git config --global user.name "Your Name"
to set your account's default identity.)

git push --> fatal: You are not currently on a branch.
(To push the history leading to the current (detached HEAD)
state now, use
    git push origin HEAD:<name-of-remote-branch>)

I've put user.email and user.name and the commit command works, but using git push origin, system asks me username and password for github.com

Is this the right way to add a new playbook? I've not any experience with AWX. Thanks.

Larry Brigman

Oct 17, 2023, 7:02:41 PM10/17/23
to AWX Project
You should be using an external git repository and placing your files/playbooks there.
Then point AWX at your git repository.
You should not be using git within the containers directly.