Location of aws credentials for awx-operator

Frédéric EGMORTE

Nov 28, 2021, 5:37:24 PM11/28/21
to AWX Project
Hi everyone,

I deployed awx-operator with Kubernetes.
I try to get inventories working with boto_profile but that doesn't work.

When I define credential in awx everything is okay but with .aws/credentials and .aws/config, the awx-operator said :
"Insufficient credentials found: The config profile (myprofile) could not be found"

What is the location for these files ? inside the container awx-ee ?
Or maybe I have to pass to Kubernetes deploy as environment variables ?

Thanks for your help

Fred

jowe...@redhat.com

Dec 16, 2021, 11:37:08 AM12/16/21
to AWX Project
Did this work in the past or is this a new setup?
When you use an AWX credential AWX ensures that inventory plugin is properly executed with the credential information.
In the notes section of the documentation it says:
  • If no credentials are provided and the control node has an associated IAM instance profile then the role will be used for authentication.

This would leave me to believe that the inventory plugin does not support the usage of the .awx/credentials or .awx/config files for setting up authentication.

Has anyone else on this list tried to use the default aws config files to enable authentication for the plugin? If so, have you had any success?

-John

Sai Krishna

Mar 23, 2023, 4:18:22 AM3/23/23
to AWX Project
Hi John,
As per the statement "If no credentials are provided and the control node has an associated IAM instance profile then the role will be used for authentication"
even i was trying the same, my pod has a Serivce account attached with IAM role, but i am unable to get the inventory details.

-Saikrishna