Errors about alias and production accounts

Geoff Sweet

Oct 7, 2022, 5:12:38 PM10/7/22
to aws-...@googlegroups.com
I have a couple accounts that I am doing a bunch of random work in and I thought I would try to get aws-nuke to work for me as an easier way to clean them out. But regardless of what I do, I am constantly getting this error:

aws-nuke version v2.19.0 - Wed May 18 13:02:42 UTC 2022 - 357aa44f5a04df9d1faa8c57bb5ce924871a910a

Error: The specified account doesn't have an alias. For safety reasons you need to specify an account alias. Your production account should contain the term 'prod'.

I tried adding one of the accounts in to the config as a "production" account and set the IAM alias, but I still get the same error. I don't really have a "prod" account and at this point I just don't understand what its asking for. Is there a way to just force override this and nuke the accounts I want?

Config:
regions:
- us-west-2
- global