August morning meet-up is tomorrow, Thursday 6th August

suse bb

Aug 5, 2015, 2:39:53 AM8/5/15
to WriteClub
Hi everyone,
August's morning meeting meet-up is tomorrow, Thursday 6th August at Presuming Eds on London Road,http://www.presuming-ed.com from 10am-noon.

Due to work commitments, this will be my last meet-up. If any of you would like to host, do contact the evening hosts, Paige and Jane Cronin. It's been great fun coming to Write Club over the last three yrs and then hosting the morning sessions. Anyone I've met that wants to keep in touch, I'm on Twitter as Susebb and on LinkedIn. Anyone after my writing and consultancy services, my website's www.susanbbentley.com.
I hope to see you all tomorrow, if not, have a great summer.
Suse B. Bentley

jilli...@aol.com

Aug 7, 2015, 5:31:26 PM8/7/15
to awrit...@googlegroups.com
What a waste of time! In future I suggest a large notice is displayed on the table that this is the Write Club group like in the early days. The staff were non plussed and told me to come back at 11.00 and that it was in the first room on the left. I had to go away, kill time on London Road as I didn't want to wait in a noisy cafe for youngsters. Back I came at 11,00 to find someone had hired the room for a meeting not a MeetUp!
On my way out by accident I passed a table with three women and asked for some unknown reason if they were the group.
Oh yes! One was mystically meant to know this was THE group.
Susi seemed amazed that I did not know they were waiting for Godot!!!
A total waste of time unless someone can get it together to lead an interesting conversation re writing, genres or discussions. Otherwise what is the point?
Did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone