Simple fist person shooter in Away3D 4 (for incubator build)

dbow

Sep 23, 2011, 5:20:44 PM9/23/11
to Away3D.dev
I wrote a very simple FPS in Away3D 4 (works with FlashPlayer 11
incubator build and Firefox)
http://doublebow.net/uploads/assets/a008/game/game.html

Download game sources: http://doublebow.net/uploads/assets/a008/SimpleFPS_source.zip

More information: http://doublebow.net/articles/actionscript-3-0/simple-fps-3d-game-in-away3d-4-broomstick

Please leave feedback if you like it,
dbow

McFunkypants

Sep 24, 2011, 1:11:10 PM9/24/11
to Away3D.dev
You need to remove the Stage3D.viewport call since it has been
depreciated. The last four or five versions of Flash 11 have had this
removed. Your game will work if you simply comment out that one
line. I think really all you need to do if upgrade to the latest
away3d, since it no longer uses this obsolete property and works,
Have you updated your Flash 11 plugin recently? Try it and see for
yourself.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html

Keep up the great work! When you update to work in the latest version
of FP11 post again so we can try it out!

This is the error message I get:

ReferenceError: Error #1056: Cannot create property viewPort on
flash.display.Stage3D.
at away3d.core.managers::Stage3DProxy()[C:\molehill
\away3d_broomstick_git\away3d-core-broomstick\src\away3d\core\managers
\Stage3DProxy.as:57]
at away3d.core.managers::Stage3DManager/getStage3DProxy()[C:\molehill
\away3d_broomstick_git\away3d-core-broomstick\src\away3d\core\managers
\Stage3DManager.as:52]
at away3d.containers::View3D/onAddedToStage()[C:\molehill
\away3d_broomstick_git\away3d-core-broomstick\src\away3d\containers
\View3D.as:478]
at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
at GameEngine/initScene()[C:\Users\dbow\Develop\SimpleFPS\src
\GameEngine.as:316]
at GameEngine/initLoader()[C:\Users\dbow\Develop\SimpleFPS\src
\GameEngine.as:104]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at dbow.assets::GameAssetLoader/dispatchGameEvent()[C:\Users\dbow
\Develop\SimpleFPS\src\dbow\assets\GameAssetLoader.as:228]
at dbow.assets::GameAssetLoader/clipLoaded()[C:\Users\dbow\Develop
\SimpleFPS\src\dbow\assets\GameAssetLoader.as:137]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at loader_fla::MainTimeline/onLoaded()

On Sep 23, 2:20 pm, dbow <piotre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrote a very simple FPS in Away3D 4 (works with FlashPlayer 11
> incubator build and Firefox)http://doublebow.net/uploads/assets/a008/game/game.html
> More information:http://doublebow.net/articles/actionscript-3-0/simple-fps-3d-game-in-...

dbow

Nov 11, 2011, 7:17:40 AM11/11/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi,
The game has been updated for Flash Player 11.
I had a litte shift in my plans, so couldn't take it up earlier.

Play: http://doublebow.net/uploads/assets/a008/game/game.html
Source: http://doublebow.net/uploads/assets/a008/SimpleFPS_source.zip
More information: http://doublebow.net/articles/actionscript-3-0/simple-fps-3d-game-in-away3d-4-broomstick-updated

BR,