Problem applying same Bitmap Material on multiple Faces of cube

metos20

Dec 1, 2011, 3:36:54 PM12/1/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi everyone,

I use Away3D 3.6 and I'm trying to apply a Bitmap Material on a 3DS
cube model generated with Blender.

I defined two Materials on Blender (one for the back face named
"backMat" and another for the other faces named "frontMat")

The problem is that when I apply the BitmapMaterial on the "frontMat"
i have the bitmap duplicated on the faces instead of the same image
extended on the faces. I would like to have one image extends and
applied to all the faces included in the "frontMat".

what I do is looping on the objects of the parser and then :
var myMaterialData:MaterialData =
objet3D.materialLibrary.getMaterial(nomMaterial);
myMaterialData.material = texture;

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance.

Jensa

Dec 5, 2011, 2:31:09 PM12/5/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi metos20,
I'd post the same question at the Forum: http://away3d.com/forum/
(This mailing list is no longer in use).

Other than that, I'd try to see if the model loads fine in Prefab3D
(http://www.closier.nl/prefab/) and maybe export it as an AS3 class
from there?

metos20

Dec 7, 2011, 11:06:55 AM12/7/11