Clipping distance in away3d 4.0

macgor

Nov 10, 2011, 8:44:15 PM11/10/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi,

Does anybody know how to change clipping distance/method in Away3D4.0?

When I zoom into 3ds object by changing camera.lens.far property,
model parts on end of screen are disappearing.

Is there way to make them disappera later when they are fully out of
screen?

Model is not one mesh but is combined from few meshes and exaported as
3ds.

Elements that disappear are friangles that are single face objects.

Thanks for any help.

macgor

Nov 11, 2011, 12:45:11 PM11/11/11
to Away3D.dev
there is some more thing i noticed:

When I'm loading 3ds object and cycle trough all mesh elements doing:
(loader.getChildAt(i) as Mesh).bounds.nullify();
model displays well after load but while camera is close to the model
those triangles that are not in center of camera disappear (some
clipping effect)

When I omit .nullify() and just add loader to scene, some of faces are
not vissible but there is no clipping effect and during zooming camera
(by lowering distance value)

Roger Crist

Nov 11, 2011, 2:08:34 PM11/11/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
I was having same problem with objects disappearing as they approached the camera.

The way I found to work around the problem was to make the world much larger . . . so objects are like mountains and much farther apart.  Now I can take the camera just about anywhere without objects disappearing as the camera gets close.

Good luck.

-rog
--
Roger Crist
Interactive Media Developer

macgor

Nov 13, 2011, 5:15:18 PM11/13/11
to Away3D.dev
Thanks for answer.

I will try to manipulate scene this way.

MG