Future of the flash

Orhun Bey

Nov 10, 2011, 8:49:29 AM11/10/11
to Away3D.dev
What do you thinking about the future of flash? (flash games, flash
applicaiton, air vs..)

Darcey Lloyd

Nov 11, 2011, 4:50:55 AM11/11/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com

makc

Nov 12, 2011, 8:49:42 AM11/12/11
to Away3D.dev

Michael IV

Nov 12, 2011, 9:05:33 AM11/12/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com

,LoL

On Nov 12, 2011 3:49 PM, "makc" <makc.th...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJqNrEJjhSY

sorry russian voiceover

macgor

Nov 23, 2011, 2:16:03 PM11/23/11
to Away3D.dev
Lets look at this group activity across last year it is going down
like never before.. is it the answer? :(

On 12 Lis, 15:05, Michael IV <explomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ,LoL

Michael IV

Nov 23, 2011, 2:21:24 PM11/23/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
It is not down.It migrated to Away3D.com forum.
--
Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer
Neurotech Solutions Ltd.

colouredfunk

Nov 23, 2011, 2:23:50 PM11/23/11
to Away3D.dev
I'm a flash dev, never been more busy! :)

> mich...@neurotech.co.il
> t...@neurotech.co.il

Michael IV

Nov 23, 2011, 2:25:40 PM11/23/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
Guys,don't be a part of the mob! Sometimes it is good thing not to take seriously what most people talk about :)
Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer

macgor

Nov 23, 2011, 2:25:53 PM11/23/11
to Away3D.dev
Thanks! how have I missed that?!?!?

On 23 Lis, 20:21, Michael IV <explomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not down.It migrated to Away3D.com forum.
>

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 9:16 PM, macgor <itcore...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lets look at this group activity across last year it is going down
> > like never before.. is it the answer? :(
>
> > On 12 Lis, 15:05, Michael IV <explomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > ,LoL

> --
> Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer

Michael IV

Nov 23, 2011, 2:29:31 PM11/23/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
May be you live in a cave dude ;) ?
Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer

colouredfunk

Nov 23, 2011, 2:30:42 PM11/23/11
to Away3D.dev
I did read this the other day though -
http://www.itproportal.com/2011/11/22/flash-coming-android-ice-cream-sandwich-not-android-5/#10

- I still think flash remain a very strong application dev
environment what ever happens to the online side of things.

Jeffrey Kesselman

Nov 23, 2011, 2:47:00 PM11/23/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
The demise of Flash is as a tail told by an idiot, full of sound and
fury and signifying nothing.

(With apologies to W. Shakespeare)

All this "big news" indicates is that Adobe has figured out the Flash
Apps have more fo a future on the phone then Flash through the
browsers.

And they are right.

As long as HTML5 is OpenGL based for 3D, MSFt will block it. and as
long as Microsoft blocks it, flash has a rosy future.

--
It's always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.

Jerome

Nov 24, 2011, 9:17:19 AM11/24/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi Jeffrey,

I think some of the arguments you make actually illustrate part of the
issues the Flash and AIR platform is facing.

Flash and HTML5 are being pushed into a platform war. Where they had
been working together in the past they are now not only viewed as
competing but also as exclusive. It's either/or. With Google, Apple.
Microsoft and now Adobe labeling HTML5 as the platform of the future,
what chance does Flash has to remain relevant? Who is backing Flash?

Adobe has a clear conflict of interest. On one hand they are a tooling
company and have to address the huge demand for HTML5 tools and the
need for integration into the CS apps. On the other, they are
responsible for the mortal enemy of HTML5: Flash. Trust me, we know
it's stupid, but the tech press and even mainstream media are only
reporting the demise of the Flash platform. Every time Adobe drops a
target platform, like Android, it is viewed as a win for HTML5. Not a
necessary or visionary move to make Flash better.

It seems that most of the Adobe Touch Apps were created with AIR.
There was a small mention during the Max Keynote but since then,
nothing. If Apps via AIR is the new target, you would think they would
be slapping a "Made with AIR" all over their marketing material,
right? Wrong.

So the succession of public, community and developer relations
bloopers are adding up. I have used Flash for over 10 years. There is
no doubt in my mind that Flash is an amazing platform and a joy to
work with. The recent addition of Stage3D is a dream come true for
many of us and we all want to go about making cool shit. But Adobe is
loosing our client's trust in their platform and frankly I don't trust
Adobe enough to put my neck on the line. They are going to have to
come out publicly and become fanatical about Flash, like Macromedia
used to be, to prove themselves.

Cheers,

J.