Away3d 3.6 + Jiglib: JCar bouncing problem

metaine

Oct 2, 2011, 5:02:29 AM10/2/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi guys!
I’m trying to make up a car on the ground demo using latest Away3D 3.6
and Jiglibflash for flashplayer 10 svn trunks.
Car’s acting in a strange way, bouncing up and down even it’s not
supposed to move at all. Here is the demo: http://metaine.com/sites/test/1/Away3DCarDrivei.html
.
You can notice this weird bouncing. I took this very basic example
from jibglibflash repository (Away3D plugin demo):
http://jiglibflash.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/fp10/examples/away3d/Away3DCarDrive.as
.
I just changed camera pos to demonstrate the problem.
Thanks for taking your time on this.

Michael IV

Oct 2, 2011, 5:06:19 AM10/2/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
Hi Metaine.Look .The car rigging in JigLib is not a precise science .You need to tweak a lot of params.You can find a deep and decriptive guide to JigLib car setup in the "Away3D3.6  Cookbook".If not ,play around with chassis dimension ,mass ,dumping etc...
--
Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer
Neurotech Solutions Ltd.

metaine

Oct 2, 2011, 5:39:20 AM10/2/11
to Away3D.dev
Yes, I assume its not precise. I will look up in a book and play with
params. Thank you.
Though the question was opened because I used jiglibflash to set up a
JCar in Alternativa3D, and it worked out fine. So i thought may be the
problem was in away3d plugin for jiglibflash. Also I remember
experiencing same (bouncing) problem trying Papervision3D but then it
completely dissapeared without any obvious reason. So this bug (if it
is a bug) seems somehow mysterious for me.

On Oct 2, 1:06 pm, Michael IV <explomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Metaine.Look .The car rigging in JigLib is not a precise science .You
> need to tweak a lot of params.You can find a deep and decriptive guide to
> JigLib car setup in the "Away3D3.6  Cookbook".If not ,play around with
> chassis dimension ,mass ,dumping etc...
>
> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM, metaine <zolotukhin.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> > I’m trying to make up a car on the ground demo using latest Away3D 3.6
> > and Jiglibflash for flashplayer 10 svn trunks.
> > Car’s acting in a strange way, bouncing up and down even it’s not
> > supposed to move at all. Here is the demo:
> >http://metaine.com/sites/test/1/Away3DCarDrivei.html
> > .
> > You can notice this weird bouncing. I took this very basic example
> > from jibglibflash repository (Away3D plugin demo):
>
> >http://jiglibflash.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/fp10/examples/away3d/Away...
> > .
> > I just changed camera pos to demonstrate the problem.
> > Thanks for taking your time on this.
>
> --
> Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer
> Neurotech Solutions Ltd.www.neurotechresearch.comhttp://blog.alladvanced.net
> Tel:054-4962254
> mich...@neurotech.co.il
> t...@neurotech.co.il

Michael IV

Oct 2, 2011, 5:44:10 AM10/2/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
The Away plugin is fine.You can't expect different JigLib implementations behave in the same way.
Michael Ivanov ,Senior Programmer

Roger C.

Nov 3, 2011, 8:24:22 PM11/3/11
to Away3D.dev
I've been working with jiglib & Away3D for a basketball game for the
Flash 10 player.

I'm finding that jiglib is a very temperamental beast. It often will
have the ball bounce off a flat wall (plane) in a seemingly random
direction. It makes me sad.

I thought I had solved the problem by setting the friction of all
objects to 0. That was helping for a while, but after adding 8 more
boxes for the rim it's going haywire again, even with friction set to
0 for all objects. I have restitution for all objects at about 0.8.

If anyone has a method they can share to tame this beast, I'd me most
appreciative.

-roger