OVM with synopsys

Ramdas

May 21, 2008, 7:14:18 AM5/21/08
to Advanced Verification Methodology User Group
Am new to learning OVM
Has any one tried OVM with synopsys VCS? Is it known to work?

/Ramdas

pankaj kamboj

May 22, 2008, 6:25:31 AM5/22/08
to avm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ramdas,
                No, it will not work with VCS.It will work on Mentor's Questa and cadence(don't know tol.plz check on website)

Puneet

May 22, 2008, 7:09:40 AM5/22/08
to avm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think the reason is VCS does not support parameterized classes and
in AVM/OVM all the base classes are parameterized.

Thanks,
Puneet

Manmohan

May 26, 2008, 7:48:08 AM5/26/08
to Advanced Verification Methodology User Group
Hello Ramdas,

Ideally it should be working in VCS because OVM is supported in
cadence and Mentors simulator(which are following systemVerilog IEEE
standards).
So any simulator which can support IEEE SystemVerilog, should be
supporting OVM.
Practically I have not yet gone through OVM as such.

Thanks
Manmohan Singh

On May 22, 4:09 pm, Puneet <er.pu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the reason is VCS does not support parameterized classes and
> in AVM/OVM all the base classes are parameterized.
>
> Thanks,
> Puneet
>

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM, pankaj kamboj <pankajkambo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Ramdas,
> >                 No, it will not work with VCS.It will work on Mentor's
> > Questa and cadence(don't know tol.plz check on website)
>
> > On 5/21/08, Ramdas <mram...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Am new to learning OVM
> >> Has any one tried OVM  with  synopsys VCS? Is it known to work?
>
> >> /Ramdas- Hide quoted text -

Sean W. Smith

May 27, 2008, 1:11:25 PM5/27/08
to avm-...@googlegroups.com
There is a large difference between theoretically and the real world. I dont
think anyone claims to support the full implimentation of IEEE-P1800 yet...

Sean