conference room

Sylvia Grimes

Mar 20, 2016, 6:48:20 AM3/20/16
to Avip

so how is the conference room to be paid? where do you think the
money come from?
Sylvia.

peter wilkins

Mar 20, 2016, 7:19:45 AM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sylvia.

If money has to be paid for a conference room, then it should
come from the organisation's funds, especially if it is for an
AGM.

I have organised several conferences in my time for various
organisations, and I would not entertain a hotel which charged
extra for guests to use one of its rooms. It should come as
part of the package. If a venue does charge extra for a
conference room, then you are being ripped off.

Peter

Sylvia Grimes

Mar 20, 2016, 9:28:29 AM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
So where do the funds come from?
Sylvia.

Kate Fensome

Mar 20, 2016, 1:00:58 PM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
It has been paid for, and the ten pound per person applies to us all,
whether or not we are staying for the weekend, as we are only using the
conference room for the agm.

Kate Fensome

Mar 20, 2016, 1:03:25 PM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
yes for future agms I shall suggest that avip pay the cost of the
conference room. but to make it fair this year, we all need to share the
cost, it is not right that some have to pay and some do not.

Sylvia Grimes

Mar 20, 2016, 2:19:17 PM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
Kate I have absolutely no problem paying £10 as we are all
wanting somewhere to hold the agm and was only replying to Peters
amail.
where is the spirit of giving to AVIP so that we can all enjoy
the conference?
Sylvia.

Mar 20, 2016, 5:34:01 PM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sylvia.

The organisation has a bank account, and should be able to pay
for such things if they choose to use such hotels which put
additional charges on for conference rooms. If the organisation
cannot afford it, then they should use better hotels which don't
put on these extra charges.

Best wishes,

Peter

kevingr...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2016, 7:21:44 PM3/20/16
to avip...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sylvia,
With all due respect, I fear you have got your priorities somewhat out of
proportion. Gone are the days of AVIOS, and what you are attending is no
longer a conference. An AGM is, as I have already stated, a public meeting,
and the charge for a room where applicable, should always come out of
association funds. If the committee has agreed that everybody attending
should pay a contribution towards the meeting room, this should only happen
if there is an issue which might concern a question of solvency!However,
even in this case, it would still be wrong. .

Kevin Greenan.