API for versioning

adria...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2016, 4:28:20 PM10/23/16
to Avian
I was wondering if you would be willing to provide a simple API for versioning Avian. I am planning to use Avian in an automated build tool and it has a way to keep all of the necessary components up to date. I could use the github api easily, but you only release as tags, which means that there is no easy way to check for the latest version. You already host a site, so a simple json file would be nice. Something like this:

{
"version":"1.2.0"

"downloadUrl":"https://foo.bar/avian.zip"
{

would suffice. And please keep it under one name (do not change it with each release) because that would break any update checker. Something like https://readytalk.github.io/avian/version.json would be a nice URL. Thanks!

Joel Dice .

Oct 26, 2016, 10:28:21 AM10/26/16
to Avian
For the record, this discussion has been continued on GitHub:
https://github.com/ReadyTalk/avian/pull/509