Retiring the project

Joel Dice

Jul 19, 2018, 10:04:30 PM7/19/18
to Avian
Hi all,

I've recently updated the Avian website and README.md to officially
indicate that the project is not currently being developed or
maintained.

That's hopefully not too surprising given that development has slowed
to a crawl in recent years, and that all the original developers,
including myself, have moved on to other things. I still think Avian
is awesome, but I don't have the time or motivation to maintain it
anymore.

For those who still use Avian and want to see development continue, I
invite you to fork the project and make it happen. Otherwise, there
are lots of alternatives:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Java_virtual_machines

Cheers,
Joel