Only testing a particular class?

Caleb Bell

Jan 5, 2012, 10:50:30 AM1/5/12
to AutoTest.Net
I'm working in a solution that has several thousand tests defined
(most of which are the not-really-implemented stub tests created by
the MSTest generator), and consequently, AutoTest.Net doesn't run as
quickly as I'd hoped. I'm implementing a new class, and its
functionality is pretty small in scope compared to the solution as a
whole, and all of my new tests are in a single TestClass, so in my
case, it feels faster to use Ctrl-R-T to run the tests in the current
context. It would be great if I could configure AutoTest so that it
only runs the tests in a given class -- this could be done by using
VS's Test Impact feature, or by allowing me to (temporarily) override
something in the config file to specify the TestClasses or test
namespaces to run, or by implementing a feature to only run the tests
in the files that are currently checked-out of source control (TFS in
my case). Is there any way to achieve this with the current build
(1.2.0)? Thanks!

Svein Arne Ackenhausen

Jan 6, 2012, 3:52:35 AM1/6/12
to autot...@googlegroups.com
The particular problem you are talking about is quite complex. However we are launching a commercial product that's in beta now that does the impact analysis in milliseconds. The product is in free beta so feel free to try it out  http://continuoustests.com/.

It's based on AutoTest.Net so the workflow is exactly the same. In addition it runs only affected tests and gives you options as change-risk information in the window margins, impact graphs and test sequence diagrams.

NB!! Uninstall AutoTest.Net before installing ContinuousTests

-Svein Arne
--
Best regards
Svein Arne Ackenhausen