Greek characters in strings, dev release 20211030a

Jeremy Faden

Oct 30, 2021, 12:10:14 PM10/30/21
to auto...@googlegroups.com

Did you know that you can have Greek characters in plot titles, axis labels, and annotations?  I'm not too surprised if you haven't discovered this functionality, because it's not really presented in the GUIs.  I've been adding GUIs to try and help with all these arbitrary string controls, so look for the "..." button next to the text boxes which control labels.  For example the "Granny Text" string control looks like this,

which has buttons to insert the controls for exponents, and also controls which have always been available like text color and Greek characters.  You might notice there aren't many characters there, even though there's lots of room for more.  If you have any requests for characters you use often, let me know.

I've updated the development release if you want to have a look at this feature.  See the devel release at http://autoplot.org, or http://autoplot.org/jnlp/20211030a/.

Jeremy