v2023a_3 is released

Jeremy Faden CS

Mar 3, 2023, 7:01:56 PM3/3/23
to auto...@googlegroups.com

I've made a new production release which fixes the few bugs that were found quickly in the last production release.  These include:

  • 2506: recent change to CDAWeb to allow multiple variable selections didn't consider non-virtual variables. (Thanks, Dante)
  • 0048: Finally FFTPower translation is handled properly, where a second bug associated with translation was hiding in plain sight. (Thanks, Keith)

This included a bunch more little things I could fix, like I found other issues with CDF dialog when using the X= control to plot against a different parameter (wrong label was used) and the IDLSave dialog had issues when data was read from structures.  Also the horizontal width of spectra is fixed for PSP data, thanks Jon N for pointing out the issue!

New features include support for unsigned longs in IDLSave files (thanks, Cindy) and the HAPI dialog has a prompt message showing that the dialog up top is to search the ids.  The binary data source has a new control dims=[64,48] which will read 3-d arrays from a binary file, and the important "arg_0", the untitled first parameter in URIs like .../mycdf.cdf?param, will show up at the top of the automatically-generated dialogs based on completions.

Last, the .dmg will be back soon, along with a new release mechanism that makes .deb and .rpm files for Linux machines.  This is based on the wonderful software install4j, which is provided to open-source projects like Autoplot for free!  I've made the prototype .dmg available on the release page.  Note I haven't figured out how the signature is done, but the "run anyway" option is similar to the single-jar release without the other annoyances which were collecting.  Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you!

See the release page at http://autoplot.org/latest/, (http://autoplot.org/jnlp/v2023a_3/)!  Thanks for all the feedback!

Jeremy