production version v2023a_9 released

Jeremy Faden CS

Sep 6, 2023, 12:23:36 PM9/6/23
to auto...@googlegroups.com
I've released a new production version of Autoplot, which contains
bugfixes and new features since last month's release. Bugfixes include a
fix to GitHub and GitLab support, where ETAGS were misused and only file
length changes would trigger a new download, $Y$m$d_$(H;delta=6) was
mishandled, and export to CDF would not properly recycle DEPEND_1 tags.
The biggest change, however, is the new NetCDF library which allows many
new NC and HDF5 files, including ICON files, to be used.  This comes at
the cost of the Autoplot executable size, which has gone from 7MB
initially, to years around 20MB, to now about 50MB. The release has
minor new features, such as sub-millisecond data requests now work with
the Das2Server, and the symbol size and line thickness boxes support
mouse wheel events.

See the "start autoplot" link on autoplot.org, or
https://autoplot.org/jnlp/v2023a_9/.  Let me know how this release works
for you!

Jeremy

Craig Rodger

Sep 6, 2023, 4:23:48 PM9/6/23
to auto...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeremy

When I go to that website (https://autoplot.org/jnlp/v2023a_9/) in
Firefox, I get this error:

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to autoplot.org. SSL received a
record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"

So something is "odd". Sorry.

Craig

Professor Craig J. Rodger
Beverly Professor of Physics
Department of Physics Phone: +64 3 479 4120
University of Otago Fax: +64 3 479 0964
PO Box 56, Dunedin 9016
NEW ZEALAND

On Wed, 6 Sep 2023, Jeremy Faden CS wrote:

> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 16:23:28 +0000
> From: Jeremy Faden CS <fa...@cottagesystems.com>
> To: auto...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [autoplot] production version v2023a_9 released
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autoplot/f2223454-6a81-c6e8-ac95-8fa7b477e8e3%40cottagesystems.com.

faden cottagesystems.com

Sep 6, 2023, 4:49:05 PM9/6/23
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig,
      I see that from the U. Iowa campus, too.  Thanks for pointing this out!  I'm looking into this now.
Jeremy

Sep 6, 2023, 4:52:59 PM9/6/23
to auto...@googlegroups.com
It looks like it was my mistake.  Everyone should go to http://autoplot.org/jnlp/latest, not https://... I hope to be (finally) moving over to https in the next few months.