Question on PNGWalk

Erika Hathaway

Jun 10, 2024, 7:15:23 AMJun 10
to autoplot
I'm having difficulty using the PNGWalk tool, and it seems that the help website is down.
Thank you in advance for helping!
  • The PngWalk tool > Create PngWalk: Is there a way to read-in a list of time intervals (within a provided .vat dataset file) to be plotted individually?
    • My goal is to automate the process of creating plots for a given list of time intervals. It seems that the list of time intervals have to be combined with the dataset, and I've thought about splitting the dataset to contain my desired time intervals, but I'm still exploring how to split a .vat file.

Jeremy Faden CS

Jun 10, 2024, 7:35:32 AMJun 10
to auto...@googlegroups.com, Erika Hathaway
You can run a pngwalk for a set of time ranges using the second option on the bottom-left of the "Create PngWalk Options" dialog:

You'll give it the name of a file which contains start and stop times for a list of intervals.  For an example, I put together https://github.com/autoplot/data/blob/master/event/omni_events.dat, which contains four intervals.  Note $Y$m$d is still used to encode the start time, so you might want to set a more precise time format like $Y$m$d_$H$M$S.  The file can also specify the filename for each time interval by adding a third column to your events file with the names.

Thanks for pointing out that autoplot.org is down, hopefully we'll have it back up soon.

Jeremy

Erika Hathaway

Jun 10, 2024, 3:45:15 PMJun 10
to fa...@cottagesystems.com, auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for the quick response and the sample list of intervals.
I'll try it out!

Happy Monday,
Erika
--
Erika Hathaway
There's a million different ways that today could have happened,