feature request

Drew Thomas

Jan 12, 2017, 10:28:25 AM1/12/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Is there any way to make an auto-playlist based on my most played songs over a certain time period? for example, what if i wanted to make a playlist of my most played songs from the last week, based only on the plays that the songs received in the last week and not overall. is there any way that could be possible? I've been wanting Apple's auto-playlists to be able to do that for years now, so i was excited for the possibility of doing it with Google Music. overall all though, the extension works like a charm!

Joshua Shrove

Jan 12, 2017, 10:38:36 AM1/12/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music

Drew I do the same thing but for the least recently played songs. When I first got iTunes my iPod wouldn't hold everything so I did that to make sure I never missed a song. 500 least recently played always went onto my iPod.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017, 10:28 AM 'Drew Thomas' via Autoplaylists for Google Music <autoplaylists-f...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Is there any way to make an auto-playlist based on my most played songs over a certain time period? for example, what if i wanted to make a playlist of my most played songs from the last week, based only on the plays that the songs received in the last week and not overall. is there any way that could be possible? I've been wanting Apple's auto-playlists to be able to do that for years now, so i was excited for the possibility of doing it with Google Music. overall all though, the extension works like a charm!

Simon Weber

Jan 12, 2017, 10:56:20 AM1/12/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Unfortunately not without changes on Google's end: as far as I know, they only give us access to the last play time. I'd be surprised if they didn't record all the play times somewhere, but it's probably in an analytics db we don't have access to.

I think the closest you can get is something like "last played between now and last week AND play count greater than $x SORT BY play count descending".

In case it's useful, the autoplaylists I keep offline are:
  • 500 most recently added to library
  • top-played metal not heard recently
  • top-played non-metal not heard recently
This gives me a good blend of new things and old standbys that aren't played out.

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10:38:36 AM UTC-5, Joshua Shrove wrote:

Drew I do the same thing but for the least recently played songs. When I first got iTunes my iPod wouldn't hold everything so I did that to make sure I never missed a song. 500 least recently played always went onto my iPod.

Joshua Shrove

Jan 12, 2017, 11:06:16 AM1/12/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music

Last played date is actually how I do it as well Simon.