Feature Request - PlayList Sorting (in the Extension)

Glen Wenzel

Dec 21, 2017, 11:42:45 AM12/21/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Hi,

Since Google sorts all of the playlists in the "My playlists" section alphabetically, it would be nice to be able to sort the extension's list of user-created playlists the same way, so they match.  (I'm referring to how the playlists are displayed in the extension, and not in Google Play Music.)

Would it be possible to add a new button in the Extension, under the existing "ADD AN AUTO PLAYLIST" and "SYNC NOW" buttons, for:   SORT LIST OF PLAYLISTS ALPHABETICALLY        (or something similar)

Or, another possible way to handle this would be to add a new check-box on the Extension's Settings screen for:   Sort the Extension's list of PlayLists alphabetically.

Thanks a lot.

Glen

Simon Weber

Dec 21, 2017, 12:14:54 PM12/21/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Ah, good idea. There's been a handful of other suggestions around better organizing large numbers of playlists (eg #106), but alphabetizing is much more lightweight.

I'll probably switch the list to be automatically alphabetized. I still plan to add instant search eventually, too.

Glen Wenzel

Dec 21, 2017, 12:19:46 PM12/21/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
That's great Simon!  Thank you ...

Simon Weber

Jan 13, 2018, 5:58:20 PM1/13/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
The alphabetization change is going out now in version 5.6.0. Thanks for the suggestion!