Low Priority UI feature request

Trevor Peck

Aug 11, 2016, 10:10:10 AM8/11/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
I have some very complicated lists, and I would love to be able to re-arrange the condition list.

 Also, to cut and paste a set of conditions from one list to another would be nice, but now that I can reference other auto playlists, then I can simply reference a playlist for that functionality.

Thanks!
 - Trevor.

Simon Weber

Aug 11, 2016, 11:05:25 AM8/11/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Nice; thanks for the feedback.

#36 and #40 look like the closest existing tickets, so I've linked this post to them. Reordering probably isn't that hard, just kind of painful (I didn't write the code that powers most of the editor ui, so I'd need to figure out how to hack reordering into it).

allan...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2016, 10:01:37 AM11/3/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
 I would like to join the requests to be able to create a template for creating another playlist, instead of creating a new one from scratch. I have lots of Autoplaylists that are exactly the same except for the Artist Name.

Simon Weber

Nov 3, 2016, 10:43:04 AM11/3/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music, allan...@gmail.com
re: templates, what do you think about being able to duplicate a playlist? That ought to make it easier to make new playlists that are similar to existing ones, but won't help much if what you're looking for is to be able to edit multiple playlists in one place.

Simon Weber

Nov 3, 2016, 11:51:04 AM11/3/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
I got a reply offline, quoted here:

All I want to be able to do is to duplicate a playlist and then be able to make new playlists that are similar to the copied one.
Just as you suggest!

and

I would also like to be able to create a few files within my Auto Playlists, so that I can group my Auto Playlists by eg "Classical" and "Jazz" etc, so as not to have a long, long list of Auto Playlists.  Just as one is able to do in iTunes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Simon Weber

Dec 31, 2016, 1:03:53 AM12/31/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Happy (almost) new year! I've added a new "duplicate" button in v5.1.0. Let me know what you think!