OT? - Google Play Music Labs (comments field!)

Trevor Peck

Jun 11, 2018, 12:36:05 PM6/11/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
I can't get Google Play Music to allow me to use any of the labs features. I click to turn it on, it says it will take effect after refresh, and after a refresh it is turned back off.

 Possible reason - I installed Music Manager from google's site, and attempted to start downloading my collection (which it turns out I could have done from the settings page without any trouble).

 Things I've tried:

 I uninstalled Music Manager, rebooted and tried again.

 I erased from Chrome all cookies, site data, and cached files and images for the last seven days (comments field worked a couple days ago), rebooted and tried again.

 I tried using Firefox instead of Chrome, issue unchanged.

 I tried using Brave instead of Firefox or Chrome... no change.

Any ideas? Are you (anybody?) having similar issues?

Thanks,
 - Trevor.

Simon Weber

Jun 11, 2018, 7:18:15 PM6/11/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
It seems to be broken for me too. My guess would be it's just some temporary issue on their end.

Trevor Peck

Jun 11, 2018, 9:42:46 PM6/11/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
That's mixed news. I can't make comment changes, but at least I know I can stop fighting with it! Thanks for checking for me!

 One other thing - can you think of any reason that I can't use another field, like, say, composer, for my tags? I don't know how much data it will hold, but I put 310 characters in and it was able to bring them back after a save. That's plenty. That way I'm not leaving all of my auto-playlists to the whim of Google labs.

Simon Weber

Jun 11, 2018, 10:13:35 PM6/11/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Haha, sure thing.

And, yup, I think any field that's not numeric should technically work.

Trevor Peck