Test playlist does not match sync'ed playlist

Ankur Shah

Feb 27, 2017, 10:50:30 AM2/27/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Hello, I apologize if this topic has already been addressed, but after reading through the other discussions, it was hard for me to see if this topic has been discussed. I have just installed the free version in chrome and was testing out the single smart playlist. I loaded a few hundred songs and was creating a simple smart playlist. The criteria was to create playlist based on a specific genre. I copied the genre directly from the song and when i tested it, it came up with a few hundred matches, which made sense. I saved the playlist and then refreshed my google music screen. The playlist appears, but number of songs in the new google playlist do not match the test playlist from your extension. Any idea's on why there is a disconnect? Thanks.

Simon Weber

Feb 27, 2017, 11:55:59 AM2/27/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Hi Ankur! At first I had guessed you were seeing https://github.com/simon-weber/Autoplaylists-for-Google-Music/issues/119, but that would cause missing tracks during test as well.

So, that leads me to suspect more general syncing issues. Are there still missing tracks now? Sometimes Google's severs can take a little bit to sync everything.

If there are still missing tracks, the next step would be for us to take a look at the logs and see if anything stands out. For what it's worth, it's not very common to see syncing problems with only a few hundred tracks -- normally that only affects large playlists that change often.

Ankur Shah

Feb 27, 2017, 12:07:59 PM2/27/17
to autoplaylists-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

The tracks still have not synced over. I looked at the log (attached) and I do not see anything that stands out. I do see that it lists 168 entries, which is what is showing in the test, but over in google music, I only see 1 song. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ankur
blbompphddfibggfmmfcgjjoadebinem-1488215200007.log

Simon Weber

Feb 27, 2017, 12:20:22 PM2/27/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Wow, that's really odd. I don't think I've ever seen something quite like this.

Some questions:
  • is there anything different about the one track that syncs as expected? For example, maybe it's one that you uploaded while the others are subscription tracks?
  • if you expand the responses in the logs down to individual responses, what do they look like? A normal response will look something like {status: 'ok', id: '...'}.
  • are you able to manually add one of these tracks to the playlist? If so, does it get removed after the extension syncs the playlist?
Something else to try: delete this autoplaylist, create a new one, leave the conditions empty (when tested it should return your entire library), then save it. How many tracks end up in Google's playlist? This should give us more examples of what's different about the non-syncing tracks.

Ankur Shah

Feb 27, 2017, 1:11:42 PM2/27/17
to autoplaylists-f...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

All the tracks i have on google music are actually my own personal MP3's that I uploaded. I did check that track and compared it to other tracks with the same genre and it seems the only difference is stuff I would expect to be different (i.e. bit rate, title, album, track number, etc).

I am not able to see the status's within the log as I am not 100% what I am looking at it, but i do see something odd. I see that it found 168 entries, then it seems to add a single entry. After that, it says that it found 167 entries. it just keeps repeating that and then ends with 167 mutations.

I am able to add one of the songs to the playlist and it is removed after i sync.

I created the blank playlist like you suggested. The test returns 377 (which is my library size). After syncing, the playlist size is 63. It does indicate that there are 314 mutations.

Thanks
Ankur

Simon Weber

Feb 27, 2017, 1:48:02 PM2/27/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
it just keeps repeating that and then ends with 167 mutations.

I picked up on that too but forgot to mention it in my first response; my bad. We're sending those tracks to Google as expected but Google isn't added them to the playlist. So, we just try to add the same ones over and over.

Do you mind creating a github account? I'd prefer to move this over to the issue tracker to avoid noise on the list: https://github.com/simon-weber/Autoplaylists-for-Google-Music/issues/135. Or we can continue over email just between us and I can backfill it to the tracker afterwards.

Ankur Shah

Feb 27, 2017, 1:59:05 PM2/27/17
to autoplaylists-f...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

I have created an account. Was there anything specifically you wanted me to add before we move this over to github?

Ankur

Simon Weber

Feb 27, 2017, 2:01:04 PM2/27/17
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Great; thanks! Nope, I think we're all good over here. I'll send you some more ideas over on github and update the list once we've figured it out.