Drill down playlist

Trey Rector

Oct 7, 2016, 12:55:45 PM10/7/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music

I’m trying to setup a playlist of all the songs on my google music that I have not heard. Playcount is less 1. Genre is equals R&B, Genre equals Soul and so on through 20 something genre. I am also trying to exclude two artist “Artist does not equal “R Kelly, etc” I want it randomized through the genres. However when I do more then one Genre the playlist empties. How is this problem fixable?

Simon Weber

Oct 7, 2016, 3:03:48 PM10/7/16
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Hi Trey! I responded to your direct email before seeing this one.

Here's the meat of the response, in case others find it useful in the future:

I think something like this should work:
  • all
    • playcount equals 0
    • any
      • genre equals soul
      • genre equal R&B
      • ...etc
    • artist does not equal R Kelly
    • artist does not equal someone else
My bet is that the genres are currently not inside an "any" clause, which would look for tracks with genre == soul AND genre == R&B, which isn't any (since it can only be one or the other).