Provide More Sync Options (eg Sync at a specific time and/or day of the week)

tonye...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2018, 10:15:29 PM3/14/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Is it possible to add more sync options rather than just every specified number of minutes? For example could you provide check boxes for every day of the week and allow users to enter the time they want to sync each day?

Simon Weber

Mar 14, 2018, 11:39:58 PM3/14/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
Yup, that's pretty doable, and goes along with my goal of encouraging less frequent syncs (which seems to prevent problems on Google's end).

What are you looking to get out of a more flexible schedule? Reducing the refreshes in the UI? Or maybe it helps to time when randomly-sorted playlists reshuffle?

tonye...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 12:09:26 AM3/15/18
to Autoplaylists for Google Music
I guess it's being able to know that the sync is going to take place at a certain time rather than when the playlist was last modified. I originally had sync set to every 30 mins but the playlist updated too frequently for me so I thought why not go for a sync every 1440 mins or 24 hours and that's where I thought it would be good to have the extra sync options.