Autopkg not fully installed?

MSP Admin

Dec 1, 2022, 2:53:16 PM12/1/22
to autopkg-discuss
I ran the GUI installer, but the folder wasn't even there in ~/Library
But Autopkgr showed it was installed.
It wasn't until I added a repo to Autopkgr that the folder showed up but instead the ~/Library/Autopkg folder there was only the 'RecipeRepo; folder.

I have a custom processor I'm using so I had to create the 'autopkglib' folder and put the processor in the folder.
But when I ran my overriden recipe with the custom processor I got the error:
Unknown Processor 'MyCustomProcessorName'.

Not sure if Autopkg is installed properly but Autopkgr is showing it is installed.

How can I go about fixing this?

Nick McSpadden

Dec 1, 2022, 3:10:37 PM12/1/22
to autopkg...@googlegroups.com
AutoPkg's only supported install mechanism is by downloading the release package from Github and installing it that way.

AutoPkgr is a separate, unaffiliated project, and if it's not installing AutoPkg correctly, I recommend contacting them for support and filing an issue.

Nick McSpadden
nmcsp...@gmail.com

MSP Admin

Dec 1, 2022, 3:11:44 PM12/1/22
to autopkg-discuss
Yes I used the installation from the Github release.
I guess I'll have to reach out to Autopkg team then thank you.

Nick McSpadden

Dec 1, 2022, 3:15:41 PM12/1/22
to autopkg...@googlegroups.com
If you're trying to run a recipe with a custom processor, you don't want to put the custom processor into the /Library/AutoPkg/autopkglib folder - that's for AutoPkg's built-in stuff only, and it won't work from there. The custom processor should generally be in the same folder as the recipes that are referring to it, or use the Shared Processor model.

Vaughn Miller

Dec 1, 2022, 3:17:19 PM12/1/22
to autopkg...@googlegroups.com
<snip>
I ran the GUI installer, but the folder wasn't even there in ~/Library
</snip>

The AutoPkg installer will not install anything into ~/Library

MSP Admin

Dec 1, 2022, 4:22:37 PM12/1/22
to autopkg-discuss
Ah I see. I did this and it worked.
The processors documentation I was using said to put it in that folder so that's what I did.

MSP Admin

Dec 1, 2022, 4:23:43 PM12/1/22
to autopkg-discuss
I see how it works now. Thanks for pointing this out.