Invitation to display Robots at Robot Film Festival SF (Sat, July 20)

Saurabh Palan

Jul 16, 2013, 6:00:08 PM7/16/13
to hbrobotics, autonomous-anonym...@googlegroups.com
Calling all robots! This Saturday's Robot Film Festival features a full day of robot short films culminating in a robot awards ceremony and cocktail party called the BOTSKERS. Seeking all art and robot-themed demos and installations to traverse the red carpet, or set up in our robotics gallery. If interested, please send a description of your installation/performance to h...@marilynmonrobot.com to receive discounted tickets to the festival.

Or just bring them along!
Tickets: robotfilmfestival.eventbrite.com

Full event description:
After two evocative summers in NYC, the Robot Film Festival (RFF) is entering its third year of bringing artful, witty, and cutting-edge films to film and tech lovers like you! RFF is a pioneer in
investigating the human-machine relationship in front of the lens, particularly aiming to promote positive storytelling about robotics.

Doors open at 10:45am! We will hold this year’s festival at the studios of Bot & Dolly, a SF-based robotics studio and leader in robot control, interfaces, and development. The event is produced by
roboticists and engineers volunteering time, passion, and finely-crafted skill.

Enjoy eleven hours of robot films & festivities on Saturday July 20, culminating in the annual Botskers award ceremony, our own red carpet robot-Oscars! Then make your own robot film at the workshop on Sunday July 21! This year will be the first full festival in SF, harnessing
the region’s vibrant fusion of arts and technology.

Produced by Marek Michalowski, Heather Knight and Chrys Wu, hosted by Bot&Dolly!

--
Saurabh Palan
http://iRoboticist.com