Multi-server support

SyRenity

Dec 28, 2009, 1:31:26 PM12/28/09
to AutomateIt
Hi.

I'm interest to try AutomateIt, but I'm concerned about multi-host
support.

Namely, it seems that AutomateIt doesn't has a server/client of it's
own, so how exactly configuration is distributed to managed machines?

Thanks for any info.

SyRenity

Dec 28, 2009, 4:45:39 PM12/28/09
to AutomateIt
Answer to myself - AutomateIt using SSH/Rsync approach, which is a big
plus in my case.

Just wondering how large amount of hosts is supported, as the push
approach (which AutomateIt employees) is considered by the solutions
to be less then optimal for pull method they provide?

Regards.

Tim Uckun

Dec 28, 2009, 7:49:02 PM12/28/09
to autom...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM, SyRenity <stas....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Answer to myself - AutomateIt using SSH/Rsync approach, which is a big
> plus in my case.
>
> Just wondering how large amount of hosts is supported, as the push
> approach (which AutomateIt employees) is considered by the solutions
> to be less then optimal for pull method they provide?

You can arrange your code any way you want. Normally you just specify
the hosts and the tags in a YAML file and push your code out. The
Automatit OSP project has an example of how you do that. You can also
do something like

invoke Socket.gethostname

if you want to create a separate file for every host.

Again it's just ruby. You can use your imagination. If you come up
with something super clever share!