Is Automateit dead?

Jamie Jamison

Jan 11, 2012, 9:06:06 PM1/11/12
to AutomateIt
There haven't been any updates in almost three years. Too bad, it's a
neat tool and a lot easier to use than Puppet or Chef.

Tim Uckun

Jan 11, 2012, 9:14:48 PM1/11/12
to autom...@googlegroups.com
I agree. I really like it a lot. Recently I set up chef and was very
frustrated with how needlessly complicated it was.

I wish I had more time to fork it and continue work on it. It does
work really well but might need to be updated for rails 1.9
compatibility.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Jamie Jamison <whjam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There haven't been any updates in almost three years. Too bad, it's a
> neat tool and a lot easier to use than Puppet or Chef.

Tim Uckun

Jan 12, 2012, 4:48:34 AM1/12/12
to Rémi BUISSON, autom...@googlegroups.com
Fabric is more like capistrano than automateit.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Rémi BUISSON <remi.b...@f-secure.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I agree too.
You should test fabric (fabfiles.org) which have good APIs and is very useful.

Regards,

Rémi

mail-signature.png