Please try the release candidate: 0.91104

1 view

Igal Koshevoy

Nov 5, 2009, 1:07:18 AM11/5/09
to autom...@googlegroups.com
Good news! I've published a release candidate for the next AutomateIt
official release. It passes all the tests and I've deployed it on my
production servers, so this should be safe. Please try this out, start
by running it in preview mode against your recipes, and report back any
issues.

Details on how to use a release candidate:
http://wiki.github.com/automateit/automateit/usingreleasecandidates

Here are the changes for this release: (% = significant fix, + =
significant improvement)
- (%) Fixed AddressManager, it now works with versions of Ruby that
don't allow modifications to sets during iteration.
- (%) Fixed PackageManager::Gem, it now works with newer versions of
Open4 that may incorrectly return nil STDOUT.
- (%) Fixed AutomateIt's test suite, it now works with newer versions of
RSpec.
- (%) Fixed PackageManager::Cpan, it now works with newer versions of
CPAN when installing a package that's been uninstalled before.
- (%) Fixed ShellManager#ln_s, it can now link a directory to a
directory and understand a target symlink's relative path.
- (+) Improved HelpfulERB, it now displays friendly errors containing
filename and line number in templates, including "fields.yml" and
"tags.yml", and will
- (+) Improved DownloadManager, it will now only download if the file
isn't already present, but you can override this with a :force option.
- (+) Improved PackageManager::Gem, it can now install a specific
version of a gem: `package_manager.install("rails", :with => :gem,
:version => "2.3.4")`
- Improved PackageManager::Gem, it will now clear the local Gem cache so
that "require" calls can see newly-installed packages without restarting
AutomateIt.

-igal

Tim Uckun

Nov 9, 2009, 8:21:01 PM11/9/09
to autom...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Igal Koshevoy <ig...@pragmaticraft.com> wrote:
> Good news! I've published a release candidate for the next AutomateIt
> official release. It passes all the tests and I've deployed it on my
> production servers, so this should be safe. Please try this out, start
> by running it in preview mode against your recipes, and report back any
> issues.

I have been using for the last few days and nothing to report. It all
seems to be working very nicely. I "vendored" the gem into my
automated project and call it like this.

./gems/automateit_src/bin/automateit recipes/__init__.rb

I will probably continue to work on it till at least the end of week
and will report if I see anything weird or broken but don't expect to
run into any problems. If you don't hear from me then it's "no news
is good news".