Supermetrics Facebook Reach not matching with Facebook Insights

David Robertson

Apr 23, 2015, 9:30:55 AM4/23/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
I have exported both page level and post level insights from Facebook for the all the posts in January 2014. Alongside this, I've run a Supermetrics query for reach for the same month and year.

My problem is that page insights say total page reach was 1,329,338, post level reach was 384,340 and  Supermetrics says "people reached" was 468,371. As you can see, results from either post level reach or page level reach don't align with what Supermetrics outputs. Can you elaborate on this?

Additionally,

I need to have access to both page level reach and post level reach in Supermetrics for it to be useful. Can you explain how I could do this?

Thanks

note: I'm using Excel 2013 on Windows 7.

Mikael Thuneberg

Apr 23, 2015, 9:34:10 AM4/23/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Can you include screenshots of all results so we can compare? Most likely it's not a technical problem in our product, but you're looking at metrics with different definitions.

In our tool, you can get post-level reach by fetching people reached split by post ID (or other post dimensions). For page reach, fetch the same metrics but don't split by post dimensions.

David Robertson

Apr 23, 2015, 10:31:34 AM4/23/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
I seem to have noticed the problem. Supermetrics calculates organic reach incorrectly as Facebook has undergone updates which changed the way it calculates organic reach; viral reach is now combined with organic reach as well as a few small changes to Facebook insights.

This explains why Supermetrics provides correct output of Total & Paid reach figures but organic & viral reach (combined and stand-alone) do not align with Facebook insights.

Additionally, if you combine the figures from organic, viral and paid reach on Supermetrics, the figure is different from Supermetrics people reached metric.

I've checked this on several pages and the same problem fires. Please could you look into this, as this is the only thing standing between us picking up a licence.

Mikael Thuneberg

Apr 23, 2015, 11:25:11 AM4/23/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
We show the number exactly like FB provides them. If you can include screenshots so we can compare, we can probably spot what's wrong.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/automateanalytics/c2d2b96d-3b90-489f-b4fe-e3f1376b76ec%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

David Robertson

Apr 23, 2015, 12:10:05 PM4/23/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Important Note: Facebook recently deprived Viral reach in their Insights and Export. Their current Organic reach is now the same as the old Viral and Organic combined. Via the API however, these new figures are not yet available, thus we can not display them in Engagor yet.

Mikael Thuneberg

Apr 23, 2015, 12:25:21 PM4/23/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, I didn't know about the difference between Insights and the API.

Sully Siucho

Jul 2, 2015, 1:48:15 PM7/2/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
It would be great to have a documents wich shows the equivalences of supermetrics metrics and facebook insights metrics as both don't show the same name.

It's easy to think something is wrong when we are comparing different metrics,  but how could we know which metric is related to which one? Different names make it difficult to identify

Mikael Thuneberg

Jul 2, 2015, 2:02:46 PM7/2/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, we should add such a list.

Nathan Phelps

Jul 27, 2015, 3:18:44 PM7/27/15
to Supermetrics, mikael.t...@supermetrics.com
Any update on this list/any additional insight on the reach discrepancies? A brief explanation of the differences between what Supermetrics is reporting and what Facebook is reporting via the API would be fantastic.

I've also noticed around a plus or minus 8% difference in reach output between Supermetrics and other companies pulling from Facebook's API — curious as to why those would be different if outside sources are utilizing the same API.

I just need to know exactly what I'm reporting and why it may be different than another tool a client may be using on their end from another source.

Thanks a lot!
Message has been deleted

Mikael Thuneberg

Aug 17, 2015, 4:04:58 AM8/17/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Please include a detailed explanation of the differences, with screenshots. We can then check what causes it. Thanks!

On 15 August 2015 at 00:27, Simon Breton <si...@soulshaolin.com> wrote:
For it's the same as Nathan, Sully and Davis. I'm fighting with differences between Facebook insight metrics, Supermetric and Facebook's API. I'm trying to understand the difference but it's really hard.

David Robertson

Aug 17, 2015, 11:58:07 AM8/17/15
to Supermetrics
I have already clarified why Supermetrics is providing skewed data on reach, this was back in April in this very thread.
Message has been deleted

Nathan Phelps

Aug 17, 2015, 12:28:46 PM8/17/15
to Supermetrics
I should been more clear. I just needed an answer regarding the definition — not the discrepancies in data. Anyway, I believe I've answered my own question via a direct export of Facebook Insight data. The numbers that match the Super Metrics reach pull are labeled "Total Reach over past 28 days." So when you pull reach with Supermetrics for a specific date, it's the aggregate reach of the past 28 days. If this isn't correct, let me know.

Mikael Thuneberg

Aug 17, 2015, 1:21:39 PM8/17/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Depends on how you split the data. If you're splitting by month, it should return the 28 day reach. When splitting by week, you should get 7 day reach. And for date, 1 day reach.

Nathan Phelps

Aug 17, 2015, 1:30:10 PM8/17/15
to Supermetrics
Hmm... when I split by a specific week, say 8/2-8/8, it returns same the number as the total 28-day reach for 8/8. This is true across multiple weeks.

Mikael Thuneberg

Aug 17, 2015, 1:32:00 PM8/17/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
I mean, if you select week from the "Split by" menu, then it will return weekly reach.

B Cross

Nov 24, 2015, 11:23:37 AM11/24/15
to Supermetrics
Hello Supermetrics,

I am finding the same problems when I am fetching data from FB as well. I notice that the numbers do not match up with the Facebook numbers. Can you please help me with this?

Please respond to email barryp...@gmail.com

Thanks.

Mikael Thuneberg

Nov 24, 2015, 11:26:00 AM11/24/15
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Please provide details of the query and screenshots of both query parameters and results, and explain what you think is wrong.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/automateanalytics/8346d37b-9d2e-4f1c-a1eb-175b735744e8%40googlegroups.com.

Navaneeth Murali

Mar 3, 2016, 11:31:57 AM3/3/16
to Supermetrics

I have screen shots. I have the same problem.
Lets consider Feb 29 data from Facebook ad manager and the GA data sheet that Supermetrics uploads.
This is Facebook:

This is GA :

Can you guys help me on this, is there are bug or a fix in order. Cos I am planning to delete my Facebook Data upload from Supermetrics.

Thanks,
Navi
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to automateanalytics+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Mikael Thuneberg

Mar 3, 2016, 11:51:46 AM3/3/16
to automate...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean the difference between reach and impressions? If so, that's simply because reach is a deduplicated figure (people reached), whereas impressions include all impressions, also duplicate ones for the same person.

Mikael Thuneberg

Mar 3, 2016, 12:13:32 PM3/3/16
to automate...@googlegroups.com
I checked the results from the raw data returned by FB to our system, and everything matches. I will email a link to those results to you outside this forum.

Navaneeth Murali

Mar 3, 2016, 3:46:44 PM3/3/16
to Supermetrics
Thank you !!

SK

Jul 25, 2016, 10:03:09 AM7/25/16
to Supermetrics
Hello, does anyone have this list of metrics to compare for Facebook?

Ivo Shipochki

Aug 30, 2016, 7:26:55 AM8/30/16
to Supermetrics
Hey guys,

Bringing this up again. What are the Facebook metrics that match GA cost, impressions and clicks?

Thanks,

Ivo

super...@dmm.co.za

Jul 10, 2017, 12:14:55 PM7/10/17
to Supermetrics
Hi

What metric is used to pull Facebook Paid Reach? When I use Paid Reach the figures don't match.