Launch flow from intent

raph...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 12:56:06 AM3/10/17
to Automate
Hi,
I'm kinda new to automate but I starting to like it more and more. But here's my problem.
Im looking for a way to start a flow automatically using an intent. I use macrodroid to have a notification bar with buttons and I'd like to run flows from it. Here's what I saw from other posts for an adb launch I think:

I need an activity:
com.llamalab.automate.intent.action.START_FLOW

And the package, the uri of my flow:
content://com.llamalab.automate.provider/flows/6/statements/1

In macrodroid there's 3 choices for sending an intent.
Activity, broadcast and service.
Then
action (enter action here)
Package (enter uri here)
Class (enter class name here)
Data (enter data uri here)
Extra 1,2,3,4

When I enter activity, the action START_FLOW and my package, I get the notification no activity found to handle the intent.

I would need help to figure out what to put where, it seems so easy yet so far...

Thanks for your help.

Ralph

raph...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 1:38:21 PM3/10/17
to Automate
Finally got it through research and determination haha.

Here's what I did if someone else needs it.

Choose activity

Action :
com.llamalab.automate.intent.action.START_FLOW

Package :
com.llamalab.automate

Class : empty

Data :
content://com.llamalab.automate.provider/flows/6/
(your flow uri from the flow beginning block)

Thanks anyway :)

joshua...@trimble.com

Jun 20, 2019, 1:20:46 AM6/20/19
to Automate
Thanks for this info. It helped me to achieve what I wanted.

Here's how to do it via C# (I'm using Xamarin Android)

var uri = Uri.Parse(flowUri);

var intent = new Intent("com.llamalab.automate.intent.action.START_FLOW", uri);

appContext.StartActivity(intent);

where flowUri is something like content://com.llamalab.automate.provider/flows/7/statements/1 as found in the begin flow block