Interact click on an app button without text

matt....@gmail.com

May 24, 2017, 6:28:42 PM5/24/17
to Automate
I have a button in an app that I'd like to automate the clicking of, but there is no text associated with the button.
The record action function only shows class:android.widget.ImageView

How can I identify this button?
Thanks

Message has been deleted

tim...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 9:39:45 AM5/26/17
to Automate
I have the similar question with it.
I've wanted to make an app that it's able to reply Facebook Messenger messages for long.
While my phone was in Android 5, if I use the "record interactions" function and records I click a text box in Messenger, the "UI element ID" exists value. But now, after I upgraded to Android 6, this box is always empties neither in Messenger nor others.
I hope there's someone to help me! Thanks.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 28, 2017, 8:02:55 PM5/28/17
to Automate, matt....@gmail.com
An UI element likely has to either have a text or an id, otherwise it's impossible for the Interact block to find it.

tim...@gmail.com

May 30, 2017, 8:52:57 AM5/30/17
to Automate
But if I click in text input bar in Facebook Messenger, neither in app nor in Chat Head, Automate doesn't catch element text or element id. How can I fix it? Or, is there ways I can reply any messages from Messenger by voice input?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 31, 2017, 9:04:30 PM5/31/17
to Automate, tim...@gmail.com
Try a common messaging Send intent, but using something other that a tel URI, a username maybe:
https://developer.android.com/guide/components/intents-common.html#Messaging

tim...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017, 11:27:05 PM6/3/17
to Automate
I'm sorry that I'm not understanding. Did you mean I need to put telephone numbers in data uri? If it's true, I'm sorry that it doesn't work. Or, did you mean something else?
Furthermore, there's an app that auto-replies WhatsApp and SMS messages in the forum( http://llamalab.com/automate/community/flows/10009 ). In that case, it just put the contact's name there. I did as same as it for Messenger, but failed. The details are at https://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=251266&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D676&mobile=2 But, it's in Chinese.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jun 4, 2017, 12:47:38 AM6/4/17
to Automate, tim...@gmail.com
You'll have to test. The Facebook Messenger app doesn't support "automation" so it may not work at all. But if it does, it's likely a user name, an email address or some kind of user id.

tim...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2017, 11:42:50 AM6/4/17
to Automate
OK, I'll see Facebook's SDK to try. Maybe asking Pushbullet's developer is a good idea, too.(Pushbullet is an app works on Chrome. It's able to reply Messenger and LINE messages and to click or dismiss notifications.)

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jun 4, 2017, 2:02:24 PM6/4/17
to Automate, tim...@gmail.com
Using the Facebook SDK is the best solution if the app doesn't support any kind of intent.

tim...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2017, 8:39:21 AM6/7/17
to Automate
OK, I'll do that. In fact, my phone's manufacturer is ASUS. The built-in dial app supports open Messenger chat head, make a free call and video phones. I'm wondering how does it works too. If I know about that, it'll help a lot!