Calendar limit for fetching from the future?

P. Andreas Schmidt, IVE

May 15, 2022, 12:42:00 PM5/15/22
to Automate
Hi there,
I wanted to get a list of events from my google calendar a year ahead. I found out that all the recurring events show up, but non-recurring events only up to a certain point (22nd May to be precise). I've tried with the native calendar blocks, and with the CalendarTask plugin, same results. I've also used the same plugin to wait for an event to be added, and it would only catch events added on or before 22.5.2023. If it was a day later nothing would happen.
I also tried with the Content Query block, a suggestion I found in another thread. But it delivers the same results. All events show up until 22.5.2023. After that only the recurring events, any other events... no. (And I don't know how the dates and times are stored there, but if I convert them using DateFormat("datetime") it's got nothing to do with the real dates...)
So my guess is this must be some google/android limit, right? Does that mean that there's no workaround nor some other solution? Except perhaps to wait a month or so for it to appear on my phone?

Thanks for any input and suggestions!

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 16, 2022, 9:35:03 AM5/16/22
to Automate
It's probably an Google calendar syncing limitation, the Calendar event query block, and probably the plug-in, both simply query the content provider, just like the Content query block.

P. Andreas Schmidt, IVE

May 17, 2022, 10:56:57 AM5/17/22
to Automate
Thanks for the answer and further information. Their pro app seems to have some kind of workaround, but ok... I can manage either way without a workaround. Thanks again!