Ongoing notification not working on Android 14

F.

May 27, 2024, 8:59:22 AMMay 27
to Automate for Android
Hi there,

I recently switched from a Pixel 4a to a Samsung Galaxy S23. Now I try to tweak all my flows to behave exactly the same as before.

For notifications it seems that I am not able to show ongoing ones as it was possible with the Pixel 4a. Don't know if it is an Android 14 issue, related to Samsung or a glitch in Automate. The notification is cancellable in any case.

Settings in the Notification show block are:

Ongoing event = checked
Cancellable = unchecked

In the flow I combined it with a Notification action block as follow-up. So therefore the Notification show block is set to proceed immediately.

Any idea anyone?

F.

May 27, 2024, 11:54:14 AMMay 27
to Automate for Android
Just stumbled over the help text of the Notification show block. So it is due to Android 14 and its changed behavior regarding ongoing notifications.
Why do they always change some good things to the worse? I don't get it.

So I guess the best work-around is to re-show the notification after it has been dismissed, correct?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 27, 2024, 12:10:13 PMMay 27
to Automate for Android
It's probably best to honor the users' wishes and simply not show a notification.