I suggest a new community flows category " Unsorted"

Bushmills

Jul 6, 2021, 7:45:42 AM7/6/21
to Automate
The leading space ought to alphabetically sort it above "Business", right at the top.
It seems that many uploaders don't care about the section their flows end up in, with the result that the "Business" section is full of flows which belong elsewhere.
By adding a category above "Business", this category would be the catch-all for all uploaded flows for which no suitable category is selected (that is, those, which now end up in "Business" for that reason)

I also suggest to prevent users from rating their own flow with 5 stars. Many flows exist with only one single rating, which is the 5 star rating their creators gave to their own flows. Often, these flows are rubbish.
Maybe a filter for other users could be an alternative, allowing others to hide from view all those flows with only one single 5 star review/rating, when that review/rating was written by the flow contributor.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 6, 2021, 2:40:32 PM7/6/21
to Automate
I'll make the Category field initially unspecified, forcing users have to choose.

I don't see "self reviewing" as a major issue, even the Google Play Store allows it, but i'll consider it.

Bushmills

Jul 6, 2021, 6:05:38 PM7/6/21
to Automate
I think an "Unsorted" category may still be a good addition, for this reason:
Sometimes there is no good match for a contributed flow. As consequence will it be put into a category deemed somewhat close or related.
When those can be put into "Unsorted", as placeholder for "hard to decide" or "no good match", it will become more easily evident which categories may be needed, in contrast to when those flows disappear in more a less well matching categories.
I remember having had such a case myself: For a flow which was made to show a problem with Automate I couldn't find a proper category. "Tutorials & Examples" didn't quite cut it, a category "Problems" was non-existent.  I then placed it in the category "Entertainment" which was the best match I could think of. Had I put it into an "Unsorted" category, and more likewise flows by others had found their way into there, those flows lacking a decent category to put in could be concentrated there, potentially indicating the need for additional categories when reaching some threshold in numbers. I guess that's what the "Business" category is currently all about :)

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 6, 2021, 9:27:32 PM7/6/21
to Automate
If someone i too lazy to choose the proper, or most relevant, category, it their loss, since other may not find their flows.
Adding an "Unsorted" category will just shift the problem to everyone else, which then have to search two categories.

Bushmills

Jul 31, 2021, 6:07:51 PM7/31/21
to Automate
" will just shift the problem to everyone else" - no, not to everyone. Only to those who care looking into Unsorted. I foresay that many would choose to ignore Unsorted, knowing or having learned that uploaders didn't even bother to categorize it correctly, therefore not really expecting a lot from the uploaded flows neither.

Bushmills

Jul 31, 2021, 6:09:16 PM7/31/21
to Automate
Consider that those people already have to look through two categories, namely - in addition to the category they're interested in currently "Business" as well.