Downgrading from latest Beta to latest Stable

Florian Falkner

May 6, 2021, 10:12:03 AM5/6/21
to Automate
Hi,

I want to downgrade from the latest Beta to the latest Stable so that I can share my flows with other people that run on the latest Stable.

I've made a backup of my flows, uninstalled the Beta, quit the Beta program and installed the latest Stable. Unfortunately I am not able to load my backup, it is greyed out in the file pick dialog. Yes, I've read https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/faq.html#i_cant_restore_backup and enabled storage access first.

My guess is that the new backup file is incompatible with the old version. Is there a work-around that allows me to import the file anyway?

Thank you very much for your help, I had great fun with Automate so far.
Florian

Florian Falkner

May 6, 2021, 10:49:14 AM5/6/21
to Automate
I think I got it working. I renamed the extention from .bak to .flo and I was able to import it. I did not do any extensive tests yet, but all my existing flows were loaded.

Florian