Additional Paid (Licence) App besides in App Purchase?

Just another User

Jul 5, 2023, 3:48:46 AM7/5/23
to Automate
Hello,

My daily devices are setup with LineageOS using microG.

In this setup It's possible to use bought PlayStore apps, the general licence check is implemented as far as the device is registered with a valid Google account.

In app purchases instead are not (officially) supported by microG.

That the reason why I'm forced to use some other automation app.

Saying this, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A SEPARATE PAID (LICENCE) APP besides the already implemented in app purchases. Naturally a separate bought sideloaded apk is also appreciated.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 5, 2023, 1:49:21 PM7/5/23
to Automate
Alternative payment methods is being considered, but it's a huge amount of work, so it's nothing that will be available anytime soon.

Fritz Langer

Nov 23, 2023, 2:22:46 PM11/23/23
to Automate for Android
Hi there,

as I am now on Fairphone 5 with e/OS with microG and google Email login, I encounter the same problem: no premium product
Interesting that some paid apps are working 🤔
Hopefully there wil be a solution - got even the banking app running which is not allowed on rooted devices.

Thanks a lot for the good work on this product.
Regards,
Fritz

Just another User

Nov 23, 2023, 3:53:37 PM11/23/23
to Automate for Android
Currently automate only offers in app purchases, which are painful und unstable outside google play store.

Paid, i.e. bought, apps instead work - normally, there are exceptions: Some licence checks use the same mechanism like the in app purchase.

Some other automation apps offer a parallel paid version, quite expensive, somewhat delayed towards the abo app ...

Fritz Langer

Nov 24, 2023, 11:23:37 AM11/24/23
to Automate for Android
I see...
If you don't mind, what is your alternate app in this case?

Regards,
Fritz

Message has been deleted

MyNameisBob (Pluto)

Nov 29, 2023, 9:49:06 AM11/29/23
to Automate for Android
You can use Tasker but in my opinion its not as intuitive as Automate.

Fritz Langer

Nov 29, 2023, 1:48:42 PM11/29/23
to Automate for Android
Tasker was once tried by me, with the same result. I'm sure it is a great
product too, but as we know it does not fit for everyone.
It is somehow like a language pattern which one understands and handles
easier. Others prefer red colors, some blue colors, I like green :-)

It would be nice to combine the different "projects" into one:
  • Automagic (not continued :-( )
  • Automate (hopefully getting a serial in the future for microG e/OS - no problem buying again )
    at the moment limited to 30 blocks - I don't like the hacked versions around, I support the developer.
  • MacroDroid (just learning, many nice and intuitive aspects)
I salute the developers of these software packages, who endure Google's restrictions
with a lot of patience and keep track of the many different Android versions.
May it get easier in the future...

Regards
Fritz

Fritz Langer

May 21, 2024, 8:34:57 AMMay 21
to Automate for Android
Hi there,

Just to inform you that in the e/OS Version 2.0 MicroG is working also for inapp purchases,
so Automate is again pro for me on my Fairphone 5.

Regards
Fritz