Trying to create a custom vibration pattern for my partner in whatsapp

Frank Leung

Jan 13, 2023, 3:01:30 AM1/13/23
to Automate
Currently have
Flow Begins
Has notification Package "com.whatsapp" Title "Partner"
Vibrate [200, 200, 200, 200]
Vibrate Stop

How do I get it to loop so it is constantly checking?

Or is there a more effecient way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Frank Leung

Jan 13, 2023, 3:02:56 AM1/13/23
to Automate
Also if I then want to have a different vibrate for everyone else on whatsapp, would I just leave Title blank? How will it differentiate between my partner and all (as partner falls in to all as well?)
Is there priorities I can set for rules for my partners rule to be above the rule for all?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jan 13, 2023, 8:08:16 AM1/13/23
to Automate
To make it run indefinitely then make it loop, i.e. connect the Vibrate stop block back to Notification posted, just ensure the Notification posted block has its proceed option set to When transition, also connect its NO path to itself.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jan 13, 2023, 8:10:41 AM1/13/23
to Automate
Either leave the title input argument empty and instead assign the title output variable a name then to the comparison in a following Expression true block instead,
or create multiple sub-flows using the Fork block where only the title and pattern change.

P. Andreas Schmidt, IVE

Jan 13, 2023, 1:02:20 PM1/13/23
to Automate
In addition to Henriks answers, even though you didn't explicitly ask for this, you could easily adapt it to have specific patterns for different contacts (Titles).

You'd have to use the configuration as Henrik suggests, not specifying a title, but using the variable given by the block.
You will have to define a dictionary that has as keys all the contacts that you want to have a special pattern for, and exactly as they appear in the notification (or at least as they are in the title variable given by the block), and as value the pattern to go with it. This should look something like {"Partner":[200,200,200,200],"Mom":[300,100,300,100],"Boss":[500,200,300,100]}
Then in your vibration block (no expression true block needed - you can use this also in the scenario that you just want something special for your partner) in the pattern field use this conditional expression : contains(keys(dictionary), title) ? dictionary[title] : [your standard pattern for everyone else]
If you want just your partner and wan't to reduce block count, you can just change the conditional to title = "Partner" ? [200,200,200,200] : [...] or if the variable is not just "Partner" but contains that word, then use contains(title, "Partner").
Hope this helps and is clear, else ask.

With kind regards,